Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt airbags help!

jacob112

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
Gotta bit of a problem with the airbags once again, Some reason the compressors stay on and don't turn off, and when they do they just randomly turn on? anyone know why

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
they stick a tech2 on the connector, at some stage did you d/c the battery? it may read a low volt code or the relay could be suss, first use another relay like a umm, whatever isnt needed for a quick idle, they are cheap from most after market shops ie supercheap/dear auto, then make sure. if you go to a mechanic, dont call just rock up, hide ya p-plate if ya have one (i dont-just saying) give them a sob story, ie: my wife needs the car after ive you have worked night shift and has to pick up the 3 little ones from school and is worried about the air bag not working she is worried about lights on dash board etc. might do it for free. One other thing ive seen, correct me if im wrong by the way but just put some black elec tape over the airbag light if its really concerning, and on another note, airbags are dangerous, they bloody hurt, make sure your drivers seat is like a recliner chair and drive with your right arm (as per usual commy drivers) out the window, no worries :)

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I would think the OP is talking about suspension airbags since he mentions a compressor.
Maybe an air leak.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's either an air leak or a dicky pressure switch.