Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt aircon not cold??

VTBerlinaseries2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
I just changed the heater tap and still no difference hot air is blowing no matter which number fan is on

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
there is a aluminium metal canister just past the air filter intake
it has a valve cap on top .in the engine bay
is that getting cold at startup

VTBerlinaseries2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
not getting cold at all ran the car for about 2 mins still was boilling hot, youve had this happen before?

2O4TS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1
I recently installed brand new compressor, tx valve, condensor, evaporator, receiver drier, heater tap, everything bar the hoses basically.

A/C guy gassed it with R134A as per original. Checked for leaks. None. All pressures both high and low side spot on. Still nowhere near as good as it was when I first had the car. It used to be so cold that after a few minutes on high, even on days of 40+ I had to turn it down because it literally became painful on your skin. Now I can drive with it flat out constantly and it's barely cool. I've had three separate a/c guys achieve exactly the same result with two different compressors and I have no idea why it's so bloody average. I have thrown so much money at it the thought makes me ill, all to no avail so please post if you work out your issue 'cos I'm stumped. The coldest I've gotten it is 7.2 degrees but that was only briefly. Even at constant highway speed the temperature goes up and down like a yo-yo between low 7's and high 9's. Comparatively, based purely on feel I'd say it was blowing at 2 or 3 before the original compressor sprung a leak (I never tested it then 'cos it was brilliant). I replaced that with a genuine unit which lasted 3 months beyond warranty and now have an aftermarket which the last a/c guy said he had not seen any issues with. I'm over it.

VTBerlinaseries2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
i went out to my local and they couldnt find any die marks anywhere every seal was fine but the whistler was going off under the car which tells them evaporator, they are testing it out tomorrow which they said was $95 to test it if it needs replacing $1300 if its not that they dont know where it could be. If it is ill be pulling it myself and prob buying new, found some online for $200 - $250