Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt angel eye problem

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
check your L+R headlight fuses too (the car's ones) we blew one of mine when we put the projectors in, had us scratching our heads for a while lol

Foster5991

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
I still have a normal parker light that isn't an led, its grounded properly, and all the lights work fine except for the angel eye which just flickers on for a split second and than off when lights are turned on, all fuses are okay

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
the angel eyes work in series with the bulb so if it blows so does the halo hence keeps it legal

the load resistor acts like the bulb, it's the only solution

I am making my "wtf are even talking about" face right now. Based on what you have said, why would effectively adding another bulb change anything?

And what does legal have to do with the bulbs blowing or the like?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I am making my "wtf are even talking about" face right now. Based on what you have said, why would effectively adding another bulb change anything?

And what does legal have to do with the bulbs blowing or the like?

Thank Christ I'm not the only one...

Park lights don't require load resistor... they're neither indicators or canbus.

If it works in series... why does it have an earth wire?

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
As said above the angel eyes wont work with a led parker. Why??? I dont know. I have a set and when i changed the parker to an led the angle eye would not light but the led parker did put normal bulb back in and all good.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
As said above the angel eyes wont work with a led parker blub. Why??? I dont know. I have a set and when i changed the parker to an led blub the angle eye would not light up put normal blub back in and all good.

Did you have it around the right way? I'm not arguing it, just rying to figure out how it works. If it's in parallel with the parker then it may have an extra wire but won't prevent it coming on. If it's in series then that will definetly shut it down as will reversing the polarity of your LED parker... but there won't be an extra wire.

Weird.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
I just edited my post ;) The led parker would light up just not the halo put normal bulb back in and both worked.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I just edited my post ;) The led parker would light up just not the halo put normal bulb back in and both worked.

I can see how it could not work with an LED parker.

It would have something to do with the fact that a normal globe allows current to travel through it in both directions but an LED only in one direction.

BUT, the OP has a situation where the halo flicks on and then off. Which suggests too much or not enough current? I would be looking at a bad ground as I saw a similar issue with a mates AMP and it was ground related.

That would be my best guess anyway, though I'm no sparky. Last time I was fiddling with electricity I knocked myself out so yeah, take what I say with a grain of salt. :p

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I can see how it could not work with an LED parker.

It would have something to do with the fact that a normal globe allows current to travel through it in both directions but an LED only in one direction.

Yes but if it flows... it flows. Reality is, without seeing how they're wired I'm gonna be scratching my head on this one.

BUT, the OP has a situation where the halo flicks on and then off. Which suggests too much or not enough current? I would be looking at a bad ground as I saw a similar issue with a mates AMP and it was ground related.

Slightly different issue.

If they're are using a clamping diode (dafuqforidunno) and it's got a polarity problem it will do what it's doing but I can't see a reason for them to use a clamping diode.

That would be my best guess anyway, though I'm no sparky. Last time I was fiddling with electricity I knocked myself out so yeah, take what I say with a grain of salt. :p

hehehe...240? can sit you on your arse. Usually I get the occasional whack from a spark plug lead but the ones that piss me off are from an exposed neon or HID... mutha####er! I actually jump and let out a noise similiar to a cats tail being yanked.... me no likey.

I feel like Reaper dissecting your post and responding to each point individually lol.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
btw... me personally? I'd be connecting that ground wire to the positive wire of the indicators. That way it'll alternate flashing with the indicator.