Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT] Auto late shifting and high revs

joeyandhisVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina series2
mines done close to 320'000km!!! also having it put on lpg didnt help...
meanwhile in relation to your issue,mine did that for 3 years,no changine gears,engine light going on and off all day,gears jumping with aggression from park to reverse to drive gear and so on,....stupid #### mechanic couldnt fix it for 3 years.
so i did my googling,and it made sense to buy (keep in mind ive had everything serviced,oil,tranny,n so on.)
new o2 sensors,and a new throttle position sensor.and also tightened some lpg hoses which might have been an issue as they werent clamped to begin with..

all this said..my car runs like a ####ing dream!!! no engine light,no jumping gears,no high revs in park mode what so ever!!

naturally after all this,being a vt...my ####ing ignition barrel starts playing up and wont lock the steering wheel...ohhh you little commodore!!....neexxttt!!!

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
18 months ago.......I think he's probably fixed it.

brolly60

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXECUTIVE
Hi ,yer just bought a vt for my son its changes pretty good till the trani gets hot then it wont change into overdrive ,sounds like a good service do you think
???????

outlander

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore 95 VS
When it does shift, are the shifts very hard/jerky - especially the 1 -> 2 shift. If so I would (almost) put my money on replacing the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)

I know its a little late, but thank you!! Same issue as above, changed over the throttle position sensor and Bam! Problem gone.
So easy to do too, just two screws holding it in.