Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Auto to Manual conversion

grim596

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 3.0L TDi Colorado
I know this has been gone over dozens of times and I've read through all the threads I could find, so I apologise in advance if someone has answered my questions before.

I'm looking into buying a VT - VX BUT finding one in a manual is proving hard to do.
So.. if I were to buy an auto could I use many, If any parts off my written off 5sp VP?
For instance: clutch, fly wheel, tail shaft, Gearbox, pedals?
Is a VT clutch cable or hydraulic?
Is the gearstick hole in the right spot?
What other parts will I need?

... If someone knows anything I'd like to know too

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
don't bother if you want a V8 then buy one

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
It might actually be cheaper/easier to put in some legwork and go outside your local area and find a manual. Doing the conversion yourself will take many weekends; paying someone to do it will cost thousands. There are many parts that are incompatible - wiring, electrics, trim, sheetmetal etc. Within 100km radius of your post code (Bonnells Bay, 2264) there are 20 VT/VX commodoroes under $10,000, according to carsales. These are mainly S and SS models. Don't be afraid to travel to find your ideal car; my VB was 400km away in Sydney. 5hr train trip down, 5hr drive back in the new purchase....thing is a Manual vs Auto cost difference on a 10+ y.o. car is zip, buy an original manual car and you will save the hassle of the conversion, you'll probably get better drivetrain reliability AND you'll have improved resale down the track....