Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt berlina bcm change

johnmic

Reaction score
Gday, I,m hoping someone can provide some assistenance. I have a 99 VT berlina and recently had trouble with the BCM. As I couldnt find a replacement LUX BCM as the one fitted I purchased the computer, BCM and key head from a VT Calais, the BCM was a HIGH.

My problem I have no found is I have lost my interior cabin lights, they wont turn on by the light switch, or if I open a door. Everything else works, The climate control, electric windows, cruise control, remote boot opening head lights turn off when I lock the caar etc etc...

Any suggestion would be appriciated.

M

mwb235

Gday, I,m hoping someone can provide some assistenance. I have a 99 VT berlina and recently had trouble with the BCM. As I couldnt find a replacement LUX BCM as the one fitted I purchased the computer, BCM and key head from a VT Calais, the BCM was a HIGH.

My problem I have no found is I have lost my interior cabin lights, they wont turn on by the light switch, or if I open a door. Everything else works, The climate control, electric windows, cruise control, remote boot opening head lights turn off when I lock the caar etc etc...

Any suggestion would be appriciated.

Somehow the circuitry of the HIGH series BCM and/or the wiring must be different between Berlina LUX and Calais HI. I'm not sure exactly where but.

These are the 3-digit BCM codes for the VT series Berlina and Calais (see 1st pic):
VT series 1 Berlina 687 - LUX
VT series 1 Calais 685 - HI
VT series 2 Berlina 314 - LUX
VT series 2 Calais 312- HI

These files might help you (see 2nd & 3rd pics). There are file size limits for attachments posted to this forum, so if you can't read these PM me your email address and i'll send you the full size version.

But i think you'll find though, the only way to solve your problem will be by fitting another LUX BCM. Good luck.

Attachments

• VT VX VY V2 WH WK BCM types.jpg
    VT VX VY V2 WH WK BCM types.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,077
  • VT Commodore HIGH SERIES BCM jpg (resized).jpg
    VT Commodore HIGH SERIES BCM jpg (resized).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 3,237
  • VT Commodore dome lamp info jpg (resized).jpg
    VT Commodore dome lamp info jpg (resized).jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 5,085

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
i had the same problem, my car kept blowing BCMs, turned out it was a short, holden were baffled and had to get a guy from perth to look at my car, turned out something was shorting on the body of the car and a couple of other small things, 1000 dollars later, and i STILL havnt got all my lights :(