Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Body kits

NatE-DogG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon Executive s2
hey everyone im lookin for a cheap body kit for my vt commo if you can help me let me know.......I'm also trying to find out if i can get a VE body kit for it if i can thats great.....

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Having just spent many hours and a bunch of fibreglass making a 'cheap' bodykit fit my VS, the first thing I would do is scrap that 'cheap' requirement. You get what you pay for.

The kit I bought looks great, a copy of a VX R8 made to fit a VS. Hit a roo with it though, and discovered that most of the internal fibreglass mat is completely dry.. no resin on it at all !! The fit was terrible, I have had to add bits and remove bits to make it fit, and given the back of it about an extra 3 kilos of fibreglass just to reinforce it coz it was so weak. The fog lights I paid extra for were GLUED in, unwired, and of course fell out when I hit the roo.

The end result is nice though (check my album), just be prepared to put in the hard yakka.

I bought my Monaro bonnet from Savage Fibreglass in Bargo (Sydney).. he says he can source pretty much anything at the quality he makes, which was nothing short of superb. I'd recommend them without hesitation. Remember though, you pay for quality. His quality Monaro bonnet was $650, the entire el cheapo VXR8 kit (front and rear bars, and skirts) was also $650.... Savage can also supply stuff in steel or steel/glass combos.

Beware also of anyone that wants to fit the body kit 'while its still fresh and pliable, to get a better fit'. If its well made, it will fit without going through this B.S. If they need to 'adjust' it then its a crap kit...

All that said, I couldn't find a quality kit with the look I wanted, so I bought the cheapo knowing I was up for some hard yakka. If you are willing to do that, it opens your options up considerably. The cheap kit came from XXX Bodykits in Dandenong (Melbourne). Both of these companies do stuff for VT's too of course.

Last edited:

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
go with a vx ss kit cheapest way to make your car look good

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Agree with DAKSTER, if you want cheap then expect it to look cheap. If you can't afford a decent kit then don't do it save your money for something more important.

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
go a ss kit mate.. u wont regret it,.. ive already had a VE kit.. looked like ####.. broke the front bar in a week.. waste of time..

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The thing about any of these kits.. if they have the shape right, and the look you want on your car.. its only fibreglass.

Once you have the form, you can correct the fit easily. If its too lightly made... no big deal to reinforce it. Fibreglass is cheap and easy to work with, and unlike bog, the more you use, the stronger it gets.

For me, the deciding factor in buying the cheap kit was simply that I wanted a VXR8 kit to suit a VS, and this was the only one I could find. Going into it with my eyes open, a hundred bucks worth of materials and a lot of yakka means I have what I wanted, and its cost a bunch less than a quality kit would have in the end, just as a bonus.

If you want to buy it, bolt it on and paint it, then you are going to have to spend some real cash on the kit though... if you can find exactly what you want in the first place.

NatE-DogG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon Executive s2
cheers for all your help everyone if anyone knows where i can get a body kits that will make my vt look good let me know please

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
Ebay, if you are looking for a SS kit you can get brand new knock off ones of holmart holden, or look on the parts for sale section on jc