Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Boot lid holds water

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
Yeah mine too rather chronically the water is inside the Calais garnish looks shi-ite too...
How do i fix it? Get a hair dryer and dry it out and re silicon the top in summer time ? 'No point in doing it now cos its too cold and wet, it wouldnt seal properly...

JEZIMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ll S Pack
yeh i seem to get the same on my VT II S....ive got a custom interior boot cover...and after i wash it or its been raining, water comes out from the left corner of the boot...its really sh*ting me.......when you guys say the garnish..wat exactly is that.....and is it someting i can just fix myself???
cheers

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
yeh i seem to get the same on my VT II S....ive got a custom interior boot cover...and after i wash it or its been raining, water comes out from the left corner of the boot...its really sh*ting me.......when you guys say the garnish..wat exactly is that.....and is it someting i can just fix myself???
cheers

the boot garnish is the peice of plastic inbetween the rear lights.

it is the piece that holds the number plate there, sometimes the seals corrode and let water in, mine just had a crack in it and that's why mine was leaking..

i replaced mine for $60 delivered (from ebay) and ripped off the old one and put on the newer one, no more water anymore..

it's really easy to replace.. just search google, i found a website that explains what to do..should have kept it..

JEZIMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ll S Pack
thanks heaps dude
ill see wat i can do so hopefully i jsut got the same issue you did...was it much messin around to put the new one on??

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
im just trying to find that internet site i had for it.. i will chuck it up when i do...

replacing it wasnt hard when i had this guide,

mine had a crack in it. not sure what is wrong with yours without having a look...is there any cracks etc in it?

found this on a site just then too - RE other explanations of the boot retaining water.

Boot Lid Water Retention - Some VT's have a nasty habit of collecting water in the rear garnish panel, and when the boot lid is opened, the water empties into the boot area (or on your head). A common cause is the washers that go between the garnish panel and boot lid. These need to be resealed to help prevent water entering into the boot lid.

Top Deck lamp seal - Part number 92081490

Deck Lamp Moulding seal/insert kit (with revised upper and lower garnish panel) - Part number 92142403
Water may also enter the boot area from an aged or defective boot spoiler mounting gasket.

S Pack Spoiler to Boot lid Gasket – Part number 92144151

Lumina Spoiler to Boot lid Gasket - Part number 92144153

SS Pack Spoiler to Boot lid Gasket – Part number 92144150

Last edited:

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
mine was lecking in where the rubber stop mounts screw into the boot so i just siliconed them up and it stoped

JEZIMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ll S Pack
cheers noodles
that would b awsome if ya get that site if ya could pass it my way
im sure if i jsut simply have a look at it i would find the proplem, but if not ill have to try a few of those options