Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Brake booster into VN issues...paranoia

VN_SS_CM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Hello Guys,

Abit of a paranoia moment I was modifying my VS booster bracket for my VT booster into a VN and the stupid push rod at the front slid forwards now it didnt complety pop
out but what are the chances the Reaction disk has fallen out? how can I check whilst its on the bench? anyone got a picture? cheers guys

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Did you sort this?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Hello Guys,

Abit of a paranoia moment I was modifying my VS booster bracket for my VT booster into a VN and the stupid push rod at the front slid forwards now it didnt complety pop
out but what are the chances the Reaction disk has fallen out? how can I check whilst its on the bench? anyone got a picture? cheers guys

the front pushrod falls out all the time... the reaction disc is captured pretty good....never had one come out ever

VN_SS_CM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
All good guys got your adaptors yesterday and put the master and Booster in what a difference it has made. Anybody wanting adaptors don't waste time with other eBay users just get them off markovr.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Did you have to shorten the rod?

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
The adaptors are screwed into the outlets on the VT MC to match the flair on the ends of the VN (and, I think, the series 1 VP) brake lines. From VP series 2 on the flare on the brake lines is compatible with the VT-VY gear
So VN_SS_CM, what set-up have you got at the wheels? I am assuming you a VT booster and VT master cylinder in together?

VN_SS_CM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Yes currently running vt/vu booster, master, and front and rear brakes with modded backing plates. Get the adaptors off markovr and followed his online guides. Oh and also modded rear hand brake shoes make sure they are asbestos free before stripping off the material! The brakes work perfect before with the standard 1 inch booster and vn booster with vt front brakes if I had to stop quickly it would get my adrenalin pumping lol so many near misses and I got jealous as my brother's ea falcon with stock brakes stopped better!