Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Brake upgrade - Long and Spongy Pedal

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You haven't taken the push rod out for any reason? The one that connects to the pedal?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
on a differnt note while where on about vt brakes, my vr has had the vt brake upgrade with a vx m/c, i notice when i brake they slightly get stuck on, just a lill, it does release after driving a bit but i kick it back with my right foot? ne ideas on what this could be? maybe not bleed properly?
sorry to hi-jack your thread hammatime. jut thought id throw it in there..

Are the sliders on the calipers greased?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I haven't, my mechanic might have. But he had someone experienced with VT upgrade's giving him advice. So I don't see why he would have.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
i will check both those things, coz i didint do the brakes myself i dnt know what they done..

My car is parked just around the corner from you at Old Noarlunga. It has the VT M/C & booster upgrade - your welcome to come have a squizz if you like.

hq-racing

HSVR-28
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 DAILY, WORKED VR CLUBSPORT WAGON PROJECT
My car is parked just around the corner from you at Old Noarlunga. It has the VT M/C & booster upgrade - your welcome to come have a squizz if you like.

haha yea right, small world!! yea 2morro would be cool, what time would be cool for you?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Double checked a few things, Calipers are definately on correctly, with bleed nipple at top and hose connected at the bottom. I'm going to wear the pads and rotors in for another couple of 100 k's before I start asking the mechanic, probably one of the only people I reallly trust to do a good job.

So I'm still thinking the problem will be up near the booster/Master Cylinder, somehow related to the pushrod of the VS Booster/the shaft.

Anyone have anything to say????

There are plenty of people on the forum who have done exactly the same upgrade as me....surely someone has a fair idea of where the spongy pedal is being caused and how to fix it or diagnose the real probkem is.

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
they make a 1" master cylinder for VR/VS that bolt straight on so you dont have to change boosters...if you cant solve it just fit up the old booster and bang one of those on...

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I've heard about them, but I bought the spacer plate that goes between the Master and Booster from Race Brakes Sydney which solves that problem.....I've still got the stock VS Booster on....and probably going to try and fit up the VT Booster once I get a bracket for it.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
When you apply the brakes, does the pedal travel a fair way down first then the brakes seem to grab really hard at the last minute?