Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Calais cd stacker

B

bassett12

i wasnt thinking clearly when taking out the factory head unit in my calais and putting in a new one, to find i had not taken out the 10 cds in my stacker does any one know the best way to get them out

R

rattattack1313

Put it on the bench....work out the earth wire & the main power wire, stick a battery on it( NOT a charger) and turn it on...might need the security code, if it has one.......

No need to Double-post either, mate.........

Attachments

• doubleposting2wg.gif
    doubleposting2wg.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 202
R

rattattack1313

From the above post, I thought you had the unit out.........each model seems to be different...read around the forum, mate....... I am sure you will find an answer......

R

rattattack1313

It isn't wired into the H U ????? k........... I am not familiar with those.....12voltKing or someone will know more than I about this........ :yeah:

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
I'm assuming the VT is the same as my WHII so try the following:

1) There should be a moulded piece of carpet around the stacker. You'll need to remove that and the stacker will be attached with a retaining bracket to the boot. Detach the cable and remove the 4 (?) bracket screws and the stacker unit will come straight out. Then you can unscrew the stacker cover to access the internals.

2) Then contact 12Voltking about how to get the CD magazine out. As you've already found out the power comes from the head unit so you'd want to know what you're doing there if you're trying to supply power from an external source.

An easier method would be to follow (1) and then find someone else with a Eurovox stacker still in their car. A VS will be fine (I'm not sure if they had them on the VR) because it's much easier to access the connecting cable in the earlier models. Or an obliging VT-VX owner could do the same for you. Just plug your stacker into their cable to eject the magazine. Whereabouts are you? I'm happy to help you out if required.

Mark.