Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Calais Drivers Seat removal

Fiddler100

Fiddler100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTCalais 98
Can anyone help with the procedure to remove the all electric drivers seat of a 98 VT Calais. I need to remove it to see where the track wear is that is causing it to rock back and forward during braking and accelerating.
Thanks

M

mikemutlow

(If) and when you find out, can you post the information as I have exactly the same problem. My main concern is the wires to the seat air bags and pre tensioners as I dont want anything to go off!

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Remove the airbag fuse ify ou are worried about that... just don't turn the engine on until you replace it or it will log an error code.

Fiddler100

Fiddler100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTCalais 98
I don't need to remove the seat as I have found the wear.

I think I have resolved the problem. At the front of the seat support mechanism the threaded drive shaft for forward and backward adjustment is held by a pin. The pin has 2 nylon spacer/washers fitted on each side of the pin. One has disappeared and the other is broken. This is where the movement is coming from. I intend hopefully to be able to buy and replace them. It is very easy to dismantle as the pin is secured with a spring washer thta slides off. Then the pin can be withdrawn.

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Fiddler ; are you able to take a photo ? Got the same problem but not quite following exactly where this pin is :) Thanks!