Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt calais mouldings

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
I know on a Statesman or Caprice, the bumper mouldings do pull out or release from the bumper and you used to be able to get replacement chrome mouldings.

Mine are also in need of replacement on my Caprice, but Holden now says they are worth up to $300.00 per moulding strip.... And hard to source.

What I plan to do is buy rolls of the chrome 3M vinyl that they do vehicle wraps with. Pop the old moulding strips out and wrap them with the chrome vinyl, for about 20 bucks, then pop them back in.

The vinyl has not arrived in the mail yet (bloody Aus Post) but when it does, I will do a write up on the process if it works.

Calais should be a very similar story I would think.

Bosscoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
I know on a Statesman or Caprice, the bumper mouldings do pull out or release from the bumper and you used to be able to get replacement chrome mouldings.

Mine are also in need of replacement on my Caprice, but Holden now says they are worth up to $300.00 per moulding strip.... And hard to source.

What I plan to do is buy rolls of the chrome 3M vinyl that they do vehicle wraps with. Pop the old moulding strips out and wrap them with the chrome vinyl, for about 20 bucks, then pop them back in.

The vinyl has not arrived in the mail yet (bloody Aus Post) but when it does, I will do a write up on the process if it works.

Calais should be a very similar story I would think.

cheers for the reply. The rear bumper is easy to replace just tried it at the wreckers on another Calais. Going to have to buy new ones for the doors/side panels though :(

4mm X 5M Silver CAR Moulding Trim Interior Speakers Grill Vent Door Adhesive OZ | eBay

For replacing the rear bumper. Unsure of the thickness though, haven't measured mine yet. But this is the direction I was heading in.