Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt calais problems

Ipswitch

Reaction score
Website
www.draggeronline.net
vt calais, problems with the power steering. Why would it go from light to very very heavy after bout 20 minutes of cruising. I replaced and flushed my power steering fluid, but it still is happening. Also a number of warning lights are coming up on the dash, for no reason. i.e airbag, abs, traction, etc.

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
Ipswitch said:
vt calais, problems with the power steering. Why would it go from light to very very heavy after bout 20 minutes of cruising. I replaced and flushed my power steering fluid, but it still is happening. Also a number of warning lights are coming up on the dash, for no reason. i.e airbag, abs, traction, etc.
sounds like the abs module is stuffed heaps of posts about it if you pull the fuse for the abs and all the other warning lights go off thats your problem
Cuckoo

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
U may have a loose connection somewhere or a bad earth. . .
Unplug the ABS module and blow out the conectors. Might help.

Also so when u changed your power steering fluid, did u bleed the system?
By going full lock to full lock, until the fluid level in the tank stayed level and no bubbles? U might have air in the system. . . .