Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Calais Seat's Move 20mm

Gazza2005au

Reaction score
Ahh .... of a job looks like my seat's need to come out wish that bloke in the video mentioned what size washers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Ahh .... of a job looks like my seat's need to come out wish that bloke in the video mentioned what size washers
He used washers from his Statesman he had.

Hammerbarn sells nylon washers in the bolt aisle.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
All going well you get a chance to measure them and post the size so others can also fix the problem.

I had an idea. In the video, it looks like the nylon washer has a ridge that locates it. What if you get a thick nylon washer from Hammerbarn, almost melt it using a heat gun and press it into the hole a little with a bit of wood so it stays flat. Then it gets the locating ridge and you just made a solution.

Then post which size washer did it.

Gazza2005au

Reaction score
I'm not keeping the car for long so it's a shitter all this is happening right now just put two new tyres on the car for rego, i'm ganna try another mechanic before i fix the seat's

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Haha seats have to come out to work on them, what a pain. It's like having to open the hood to check engine.