Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Central locking issues

Bosscoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Hey all,

When I press the the lock on my remote, none of the locks on the doors go down to lock.

- Horn beeps once, doors don't lock.
- Can still open the doors with the alarm activated.

I've currently got all the side panels off of the doors to work on it today, just cant figure out where the problem is.
When I press the lock on the remote, you can hear on the doors, w/e it is slowly or trying to lock but it doesn't fully lock.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
horn beeps to let you know one of the doors is open when you try to lock
check all door switches, boot, bonnet

Bosscoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
horn beeps to let you know one of the doors is open when you try to lock
check all door switches, boot, bonnet
boot & bonnet are securely locked, switches on doors seems fine. I'll triple check though.

Bosscoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Do you think its the drivers side solenoid actuator playing up? I can hear it trying to lock but it sounds like its sticky or struggling to move? Would WD40 work on the actuator?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
The wires often break between the body and the door. Most of the time they don't break completely which means that the actuator will get some power, but not enough for it to lock. Otherwise, the mechanism can become sticky if it's dirty. Wd40 will work perfectly.

Bosscoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
The wires often break between the body and the door. Most of the time they don't break completely which means that the actuator will get some power, but not enough for it to lock. Otherwise, the mechanism can become sticky if it's dirty. Wd40 will work perfectly.

I'm pretty confident the wiring side is good, I'll double check though + I'll remove the actuator and clean it and I'll keep you guys updated.

Bosscoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
I got this for the door http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzMzWDQ5OQ==/z/yhwAAOSwd4tT2puc/$_35.JPG
but still no luck.

D

devilly

i had this problem,for me it turned out that the boot latch was locking ,but the screws had come out of the latch, and it was rising up just enough so the button wasn't pressed.all i did was tighten the screws of the latch and problem solved,i also used wd40 down all the locks and moved them up and down by hand.