Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT central locking problem

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
take it to someone with an understanding of how the BCM & central locking works, a good auto elec should be able to find it pretty easily
sitting in the car with the key out of the ignition does the BCM make any clicking noises when you use the buttons?

effnic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais 5.7L
Not sure what a bcm is but yes when i press the buttons a clicking noise from behind my steering wheel happens.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
ok so the BCM relays are clicking
go to the big connector that goes to one of the doors, find a black wire with a red stripe & another black one with a yellow stripe, put a test light across these two wires & operate the central locking (pull the doorlight switch out & click the latch on that door to the closed position so the car thinks the door is closed) if the light flashes when you operate in both directions the door actuators are buggered, if theres no light find those two wires at the BCM (grey box in dash above fuse box) & check the same there, if theres no light the BCM has failed, if the light works in both direction the wiring is broken somewhere.
my bet is the BCM has failed, its a reasonably common failure.

or take it to a competent autoelec with knowledge of this system.

Rob

effnic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais 5.7L
Thanks heaps Rob once again you have been very helpful.

effnic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais 5.7L
Would this have anything to do with why my iterior light staying on even when i close the door and it is set to door.

Vid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY11 Berlina
I thought I'd see if anyone else has similar issues as me with their central locking, it seems many people have problems with the actuators and I'm not sure if this is my problem to but here's what happens.
about 2 years ago I started getting the "beeping" when locking as if a door was ajar (it wasn't) when this happened I would lock manually, it became increasing bad and ended up NEVER working from the button on the key, then about a year ago I got a new battery and nothing changed for a couple of days but all of a sudden the central locking started working perfectly again ! it operated perfectly for several months and then stuffed up again, when I had the car serviced they said my battery was defective and so I had it replaced under warranty, now the locking sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, it's driving me mad!!
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

p.s I've posted this in a few different places