Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT clunking noise

VT_2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 olympic V6
hi just spent about 2500 on all this **** and it didnt even fix the noise im getting when i drive slow and turn or go up a gutter i replaced the sway bar link, upper and lower control arm bushes, new shocks, new strut top bearrings and still getting the clunking noise could it be my gearbox mount????
the noise comes from the passanger front plz help me

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
i just got a clunking noise fixed in mine on thursday, it also was on front left. It did it whenever i went up a curb into my driveway or pulling into work, was embarrassing watching all the guys look at me like wtf his cars gonna fall apart lol, i ended up getting engine mounts done, control arms, and zbar bushes replaced, quiet as a mouse now, they told me the noise i was getting on curbs was the z-bar, well i believe them as its perfect now, maybe have yours looked at

VT_2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 olympic V6
yeah i had the replaced aswell with heavy duty z bars in aswell havent done the engine mounts yet didn't think they made a noise like that when they were stuffed??

VT_2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 olympic V6
just been under my car and got the girlfriend to turn the wheel and shake it sort of and the noise seems to be coming from the rack and pinoin not real sure has anyone had their rack and pinoin hitting on something or come loose maybe plz help so over going for a drive and hearing noises louder then my exhaust lol

admk69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2 2002 Wagon
just been under my car and got the girlfriend to turn the wheel and shake it sort of and the noise seems to be coming from the rack and pinoin not real sure has anyone had their rack and pinoin hitting on something or come loose maybe plz help so over going for a drive and hearing noises louder then my exhaust lol

Hi VT_2000
I know this is an old thread but I was just wondering if you ever found and fixed the clunking noise?

thanks