Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Commodore Boot Garnish changes

Ray_Ray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Berlina
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone knows if there’s anyone that sells custom boot garnishes?
I’m looking at getting my car re-sprayed and I have aftermarket taillights that are clear which I’ll be tinting at a later date, and only just realised the red garnish on the boot would stand out too much ( not trying to make the car hidden but I prefer to have things match as best as possible )

So I’m tossing up on either trying to find a way to get the garnish clear and tint it out or change the boot entirely to a plain smooth boot without a garnish.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
You're going to have a much easier time just replacing it with a plain Exec one.
My only suggestion for the clear garnish would be to find somebody with a 3D printer that can do long prints and get them to print you a replacement in clear ABS, then separate the back from the front of your existing garnish and replace the red front half with the clear printed part. I'd help you out, but my printer can only do a maximum of 27cm in length, so there'd be seams across it, but there's more industrial 3D printers out there that can do prints as long as you want.

Ray_Ray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Berlina
You're going to have a much easier time just replacing it with a plain Exec one.
My only suggestion for the clear garnish would be to find somebody with a 3D printer that can do long prints and get them to print you a replacement in clear ABS, then separate the back from the front of your existing garnish and replace the red front half with the clear printed part. I'd help you out, but my printer can only do a maximum of 27cm in length, so there'd be seams across it, but there's more industrial 3D printers out there that can do prints as long as you want.
Yeah I knew it would be a bit of a pain in the ass to try and get someone that can make a clear one, just sucks that I can’t just get rid of the red part cause that’s all that’s going to bug me, this is purely for aesthetics

I found a place in NSW but I gotta wait to see if they can make a clear one that’ll fit.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
It would cost more to make than the value of the car after installed.