Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Commodore issues - help!

VTowner025

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Did you replace the strut mounts (bearings) themselves when you replaced the struts? mine made similar noises and this seemed to have eliminated the problem.

nabed4t

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore V6
Did you replace the strut mounts (bearings) themselves when you replaced the struts? mine made similar noises and this seemed to have eliminated the problem.

Sorry for the super late reply. I did replace the strut mounts. The only issue I'm having is squaking coming from one or more of the bushes, they function fine but are just really noisy and sound horrible! I may have to take them off and put more grease in them.

I'm in the process of organising to sell the commodore and there is one problem i need to fix. A starting issue, when attempting to start the car she turns over fine, but it takes 4-5 seconds of cranking to get it to start. I have noticed that if before I start the car I turn it to accessories and hear the fuel pump hum then turn it off and repeat the process 3-4 times she starts a lot easier, is this a fuel pump issue?

Cheers.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Maybe a faulty fuel pressure regulator.

nabed4t

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore V6
Thanks for the reply accentstencil, how would I go about checking that?

nabed4t

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore V6
Just reading a few things, if it is faulty i need to replace the whole rail?
how can i confirm it's a regulator and not the pump without replacing things?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Not sure how to test it but I'm sure someone will know.
The fuel pressure regulator is held in by a snap ring, not need to replace or remove the fuel rail.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv37584%3Enu%3D8%3A76%3E4%3C3%3E24%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D369%3B97573433%3Cnu0mrj

nabed4t

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore V6
Thanks accentstencil, its a place to start. I'll ask at a couple of local places here in Bundaberg and see how we go.

nabed4t

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore V6
I got this off this site Vt ecotec turns over for about 3 seconds then starts?

"take the fuel return line off the regulator turn the key to on and let the fuel pump build pressure with engine off it shouldn't let anything return. if it leaks with the engine off then i would say the rubber diaphragm is cactus."

Does this sound accurate?

D

devilly

Hey Everyone,

Some new issues have arisen. I've noticed that while driving, if I take my foot off the accelerator the revs drop really low for a second before picking up again, almost to the point where she stalls. I've only noticed it while driving at around 40-60km/hr and while reversing into the drive. Could this be related to the difficult start issue?
Also idling is fine - no issues, revs hold steady.

Thanks,
Dan

check the egr for a gasket leak, with engine idling just have put you hand around this area to see if it's its leaking.

at the end of the fuel return hose is a vacuum hose that travels and goes into the plenum,

there are 3 other hoses here,with car started just hover your hand over them to feel for air vacuum leak.