Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt commodore windscreen seal on vl?????

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
What are the holes, i havent pulled my seal out so i dont know what it looks like, im actually dreading taking the seal out caus i dont want to know how bad the rust is.
Also would it be worth me pulling out the seal to check the rust and then put it back in, is it much work to get back in?

SIK_VLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Wagon and VL Royale
The hole's are pretty small I just gave it a quick zap with the mig with some cardboard slipped in between the roof liner and the roof no need to pull the whole roof liner off although I will be doing that when I mig the holes on the roof from the roofracks and the chrome strips.
The factory seal is not much it's 2 strips of seal top and bottom with your plastic covers left and right then when thats all off you will be left with alot of black silocone around your screen piano wire is the way to go you need a freind for this, one on either side of the screen work the wire back and forth all the way round the screen