Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt Compressor

fatduck84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Boring White VT
Hi Peoples my compressor in my vt has shat itself, i am told that it needs a new pressure/control/TRX valve(diff people call it diff things), i have been told that it can be replaced by others but then i was told by one that if i replace it then it may only last a couple of months as the bearings and a couple of fittings then dont fit properly.:ranting: He said best thing was a new compressor.

So i am asking people if i replace the valve then will it work just as good or might the compressor **** it self? or was the fella just trying to get me to buy a new one?

Thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
HANG ON...

your TX valve is in the dash- someone correct me if I am wrong? And completely separate from the compressor.

You need to know what the system is doing. Mine recently lost gas, then I had some seals replaced to find out the compressor was no longer compressing.

I also know, incase the Ebay doesnt work out, there is a bloke in Gladstone selling genuine Holden compressors for $325 & delivery

fatduck84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Boring White VT
well i was told it was a control valve but when you call up others then they all apparently call it different things. I have t\been told that it has gas still in it but it needs to be cleaned out and and the valve replaced. I have had quotes from 195 to 450. for the apparent same valve.

85berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK berlina sedan 202
If your compressor has had a major failure and has contaminated the compressor oil then it wold be advisable to replace the TX valve, also called an expansion valve.
If this is so, I would strongly suggest you pay to get your system thoroughly flushed out.

This happened in my VK and the oil had metallic silver look to it.
I had to flush everything and change the TX valve.

You will have to ask the AC guys more questions so you can be more specific about your problem so we can give a good answer but don't forget to ask about the compressor oil.