Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Diff Clunking

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
I once started to get a similar noise from the rear end, noticed it was more prevalent after I had used the hand brake. I then found that if I applied the hand brake while reversing the car backwards, this would somehow reposition the brake shoe, and there would be no more clunks.
Whenever I use the hand brake now, I always do a little reverse after and apply the hand brake, release it and drive off. No more problems.

customvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.2 vt executive
I have a front end clunk when I go over the bumps in car parks and the bottom of driveways. I have been to Ultratune and they have diagnosed and fixed Swaybar link brushes, Power Steering rack boot, Front absorbers. all have been fixed but the clunk is still there. And after the shocks now the car makes a rubber stressing sound when I turn the wheel. (sounds like the Grudge, if you have seen the movie. PLEASE HELP, 1999 VT.

i had the same problem and i couldnt find it but my mate put it on the hoist and found it was the steering rack it had a loose bolt