Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Diff Ratio's

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
thats what im trying to achieve from my v8 is v6 economy. with the power there when i need it. it sounds good too. who can blame me for wanting my cake and eating it too. the new ve has a ratio of 2.90:1.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
a 5 ltr should be better on petrol than a v6 on highway cruising so ya don't wanna aim for v6 stats
make sure its always serviced and it should be fine or dare i say put it on gas (eeeek)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
thats what im trying to achieve from my v8 is v6 economy. with the power there when i need it. it sounds good too. who can blame me for wanting my cake and eating it too. the new ve has a ratio of 2.90:1.

you wont have power there if you lower the diff ratio. i think id rather have a v6 with a 3.08 ratio than what youre suggesting.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
I service every 5000 km religiously. Most km's done are highway with stretches of over 200km on cruise without braking. Gas isn't an option as i like my boot space. I'm down around 10.3 litres per hundred on the highway 14-17 in town. i run standard tyres. Iridium plugs, NGK leads, Bosch coil, Bosch button n cap. Bendix brake pads. I'm quite fond of my 5.0lt and just want the best out of it. Maybe my gearbox or wheel bearings are letting me down.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
sounds like your already getitng the best out of her
use premium always youll gain 50 ks per tank

Steven M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA S2 V6
just take all your interior out except for steering wheel and drivers seat and u'll get better economy

red truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner / gen3 / 6speed
You could get it dyno tuned for economy, they can be used for good as well as evil. :D

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
But don't forget the new VE's are running more RPM up above 6500rpm. They would die for a 3.08 diff. They would pull much better and even save some fuel economy around town.

Maybe going to a manual would improve fuel economy, Then you tell the car when you want to shift and set your limit on fuel and performance. Then you can always have best of both worlds ?.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
even if it did save you 1 liter per hunderd kms the outlay is not worth it. say you do 500kms a week so you save 5 liters of petrol, times that by $1.20 a liter for petrol that equals a saving of $6 a week. if it cost you $500 to do this it will take you 83 weeks to recoupe your costs. worth it? no not really, and thats if it saves you any petrol which it probably wont.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature

If you want V6 economy then get a V6..

The VE 6L also have a 6spd auto with a very short 1st gear ratio, not to mention 100kw more power at the fly.

I bet if u shorten your diff ratio to a 3.7, you would be as better off on fuel as you are now, as there will be less load on the engine whist getting up to speed and at speed.