Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Door Lock Actuator/Solenoid

eetmesoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SEDAN...AND A VE TOO!
Have done lots of searching; but not found a suitale response.

My L/H/R door actuator does not work at all. Have treid to locate a problem but couldn't. Door trim and water shield removed; snipper button will work manually.

Have removed the wiring plug from the actuator; it is a 6 hole plug with only 5 wires connected. Is there a way to use a multimeter to test the wiring? I tried to get a reading from the black (it would have to be an earth wouldn't it?) wire to the car frame, but nothing, so I am hoping someone can help with advice, pictures of circuit/plug etc., wiring diagram or anything else that will help me determine whether it's the wiring or the actuator.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Replace it,it's a simple job.I got one from the local wreckers recently and it took less than half an hour to replace.

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
You should be able to figgure out what wire is what using a multimeter.
Set the MM to the continuity setting to find the earth.(against the chassis assuming it's less that 100Ω)
Then, Once you found that, Set it to VDC, And lock and unlock to find the +12v trigger wire's.

Try you're finding's against the other known working door to see if there is an issue with the wiring.

But, It's probably more to do with a faulty actuator, They can be dissassembled and cleaned pretty easily so maby give that a shot first?

mznashiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 sv6 commodore
they are pretty cheap to replace from the wreckers we had same side go on our clubsport, just make sure you get the right tool and you'll be right