Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT drivers side door not opening

dbun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
hi guys

basically what just started happening is when i unlock the car, the drivers side door look doesn't pop up as high as the rest of the other locks and i can't open the door without opening the drivers side rear door and pushing up the door lock all the way.

dunno vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s1
yeah mate this happens in my vx as well but only after excessive rain which i find a bit weird if it did it all the time it would be heaps annoying

dbun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
yeh mines not everytime either.....it's every now and then.......sometimes it'll go days without doing it then suddenly start again.

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
This was happening in my mum's VN luckily it wasn't the driver's door though. I'd just go to Holden and get them to look at it, if its to do with electronics there's probably not much most of us could do about it.

B J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS
If your confident in taking your door trim off, make sure all the link rods to the locking mechanics are greased so there are no restrictions. If it still plays up I would put my money on the actuator. You can purchase these from holden or eagers. I had problems with my old VR. When it was cold or wet some of the doors wouldn't open. From memory the drivers door actuator is a little different from the other doors. Is a pretty easy job once the door trim is off. All you have to do really is un-hook the link pin and un-plug the electrics. Installation is just the reverse.