Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT ecotec Turbo Project

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
So all you have done to the fuel system is blue top injectors? I have blue top injectors and a rising rate fuel regulator and still leaning out running only 7psi, theres no way the blue tops could handle up to 14psi.

Mickey Maj

VLT RB30DET
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
So all you have done to the fuel system is blue top injectors? I have blue top injectors and a rising rate fuel regulator and still leaning out running only 7psi, theres no way the blue tops could handle up to 14psi.

Running blue top injectors, larger diametre fuel line, also fitted a malpassi rissing rate press regulator and a v6 supercharged fuel pump dont think i've mentioned those last 2 as of yet but yea hav been done a little while ago, dunno if its handling it or not but thats wot we were running lol but its now running at 8psi till we get the ecu sorted out and then get the new bottom end and we will work from there and try and run 14psi with a proper tune on the new eng. And then we will start changing things like air flow metre etc to run bigger boost.

SlipStream

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina sII - V6
very nice set up mate, love the idea of a turbo VT

Congrats on the work sounds nice, can't wait to hear results

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
sweet as setup mate!:thumbsup: any idea what kind of internals you are putting in her?? its just im (in the future:p ) buying a 2nd hand ecotec from the wreckers (i can get one here for $450) and doing a full rebuild & getting a capa vortec charger or turbo set up and bolting her on:yeah: but not to sure as to what recomended forgies are out there for the ecotec?! newayz good luck with the ride and keep up the good work:thumbsup:

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
did it run lean at all at 8psi on the dyno with your fuel system setup?
I'm running the same system, blue tops with 1.7:1 malpassi and a walbro pump and mine seems to be leaning out at 7psi.

Mickey Maj

VLT RB30DET
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
sweet as setup mate!:thumbsup: any idea what kind of internals you are putting in her?? its just im (in the future:p ) buying a 2nd hand ecotec from the wreckers (i can get one here for $450) and doing a full rebuild & getting a capa vortec charger or turbo set up and bolting her on:yeah: but not to sure as to what recomended forgies are out there for the ecotec?! newayz good luck with the ride and keep up the good work:thumbsup:

Not sure wot parts will be using yet but will post wen we decide...:thumbsup:

did it run lean at all at 8psi on the dyno with your fuel system setup?
I'm running the same system, blue tops with 1.7:1 malpassi and a walbro pump and mine seems to be leaning out at 7psi.

Yea it was starting to lean out after bout 4500 RMP coz of the computer, aparently they do that from factory so we have been told they lean the mixtures out above 4500 rpm b4 it hits rev limiter, thats wot we've been told anyway so hopefully a piggy back with a full dyno tune should sort this problem.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Last time he was on the site was in may you may want to try sending him a private message.

chrisalchin

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Couple of years on.... How did this project go? I've got a stock vt executive here with 150000 ks on it I'm thinking of whacking a turbo on , would love to hear more About yours. In hoping for about 250kws at the motor on the cheap

Tech#39

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
seem that all the older threads are the ducks nuts, i know someone will eventually hit u for a thread dig but i thank u ;) was a good read