Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt ecotec twin throttle body problem

wi1dvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6 5 speed
hey all
i have a vt v6 5speed that i just put a twin throttle manifold on and now i am having some problems with it
i just got the heads rebuilt and put it all back to together and started it up and it idled perfect couldn't ask for a better idle did that 2 or 3 times then i dicided to take it for a drive and well took it for a drive up the road and back put in the drive idle was still fine then went to reverse back into the shed to have a check over for oil and coolant leaks and yeah it started to idle about 2000+rpm and i have the diagnostics test and the only code that came up was code 15 with is engine coolant temperature signal high anyway fixed that problem and did the diagnostics test again and the only code that came up was code 12 with is just to say the pcm is working fine
now i have diconnected thebattery a couple of times and started it again and itidles fine until it get to opperating temp then it idles high again
i have replaced the idle control valve with a new one and the tps and got another maf the only other thing i was thinking it could be is the vss (vehcile speed signal) because it is the only thing in the book that says anything about 1400+ idle

if anyone can help me that would be very great

thanks

wi1dvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6 5 speed
no i havnt had it tuned yet
when i first started it after doing the heads it was idling fine but now it has just jumped up to nearly 3000rpm every time i start it

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
you CANT install and run a bigger/ttb without it being reprogrammed by your tuner.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
YES YOU CAN.......

I did it years ago on my old VT and it ran fine for almost 3 years on a stock tune.

You need to make sure that one TB is totally hooked up stock and the other is just a throttle blade with all lines blocked/welded up. Also make sure that the MAF is hooked up to both intakes with no leaks on the TB side.

Take it from someone thats been there, done that.

VSmonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive 1996
hey all
i have a vt v6 5speed that i just put a twin throttle manifold on and now i am having some problems with it
i just got the heads rebuilt and put it all back to together and started it up and it idled perfect couldn't ask for a better idle did that 2 or 3 times then i dicided to take it for a drive and well took it for a drive up the road and back put in the drive idle was still fine then went to reverse back into the shed to have a check over for oil and coolant leaks and yeah it started to idle about 2000+rpm and i have the diagnostics test and the only code that came up was code 15 with is engine coolant temperature signal high anyway fixed that problem and did the diagnostics test again and the only code that came up was code 12 with is just to say the pcm is working fine
now i have diconnected thebattery a couple of times and started it again and itidles fine until it get to opperating temp then it idles high again
i have replaced the idle control valve with a new one and the tps and got another maf the only other thing i was thinking it could be is the vss (vehcile speed signal) because it is the only thing in the book that says anything about 1400+ idle

if anyone can help me that would be very great

thanks