Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt electrical antenna

GMHVTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Gday,

I have a factory cd player in my vt with a cd stacker. Was just wondering how i can disable the electric aerial goin up every time the car is turned on. I thought it would only pop up when the radio is activates but stays up when a cd is playing also. Its big and ugly id rather manually bring it up when i want. Cheers

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
You will need to remove the CD player (do a search for how to - been covered many times).

Once youve got the unit out if you dont have the code do not unplug it, otherwise its a trip to Holden and about $50. The wire that controls the antenna is yellow with a red stripe, if you cut that wire and tape up each end the antenna will no longer go up or down. If you want to control when it goes up or down you will need to install a switch in-line with this wire. So basically like this:

yellow/red wire from loom > cut and wired to one side of switch > other side of switch wired to yellow/red wire from stereo.

GMHVTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Great help thanks alot mate.