Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Entry problems

Fast_VR_Boy

Twin Snails
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo 300zx Targa
Hey guys, this morning woke up at 2:30am to leave for the gold coast, tryed to get into my sisters VT wagon, with no luck. Press the button on the remote and nothing. It's deadlocked so i cant just turn the key manually can i? I tried but felt like it was going to snap. last night it worked fine and just this morning it was a no go. The boot/wagon door wont open with the key either. Does this sound like a simple "battery is flat in the remote" or something else? We can't get into the car to pop the bonnet to check the battery because if the battery is flat in the car it could be giving us problems aswell yeh?

Without sounding like a thief is there a way to get into the wagon without breaking windows or anything? You can PM if you dont want the info public. We are on a tight budget so a locksmith is out of the question tonight but we were going to get a new key but the manual with the key-code is in the glovebox in the car. What a pain in the arse! Ill take my manual key anyday

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I just checked to see that if I deadlock my car whether I could open it manually with the key and I could, but maybe with a dead car battery it wouldn't.

Oranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Commodore 5.7
You should be able to unlock it however it may feel tight. Try going to lock position then to unlock. Had the same thing happen in my car and it was the remote that died. Cost $88 to replace. Unfortunately you cant change the battery as someone had the bright idea of soldering the battery in place top and bottom.

Adam.

minitsbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
Unfortunately you cant change the battery as someone had the bright idea of soldering the battery in place top and bottom.

Adam.

in a way what you say is true but now there are companies out there that will change the batteries in them i know of one around where i work battery world i know they have been doing them for people for $25.00 because they have stuffed a couple up and then they have had to come to use to get a new fob programed lol

but the problem your having mate sounds like dead car battery not fob battery yes you should be able to open the car from deadlock position with key turn it anti clockwise to lock position holding it there then turn it further to the deadlock position once done then turn it clockwise to unlock position and away you go

cheers