Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Extractors

daniel199260

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 SII
hi guys
i just got myself a set of Pacemaker extractors with Y piece and a highflo cat.
read a few tutorials on how to put them on. i went to go out today to have ago and noticed this sensor on the standard headers that is not mentioned in anything ive read about replacing standard with aftermarket, i know about the 2 sensors on the y piece but then there is this one that i have no idea what it is and havnt read anything about what to do with it when changing them.
am i supposed to be cutting a hole in the new ones for this sensor to go in or? what do i do with it?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
That is the EGR fitting, the VT is the only one that has that. The later model extractors will fit, but do not have that fitting.

What I would do is undo the pipe off the fitting, then remove the fitting from the manifold and weld it to the extractors without drilling it through. Attach the EGR pipe and it looks like it is hooked up. It isn't essential to make it run, as long as it looks like it is there.

Or, you can remove the EGR pipe altogether and block it off.

daniel199260

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 SII
so what if i was to take it off all together and just block the whole in the plenum, would it pass roadworthy or nah?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If the guy looking at it knows it should be there, then no, it won't pass.