Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt faster than vr??? (i dont think so )

slappedvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
gday guys
i went for a cruise with my cuzn a few days ago hes got a stock vt exec with sigs on it. i coudlnt help but notice that when he floored it the car goes nower (its very slow). its a very healthy vt only done 180 000kms and serviced regularly. i have a vr with 220 000kms with cold air intake 8mm leads k&n filter bellmouth off and 2.5 inch exhuast. i must say that my car feels and does go alot harder. i looked at my cuznz speedo when he floors it and it goes up alot slower than mine does.

just wondering what you guys think??

cheers jordan

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
The VR is 200-300kg lighter than the VT. The VT only has ~20kw and bugger all torque over the VR, so it's not surprising it goes harder.

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
he has got big wheel's and your car is a shitload lighter than his ...............

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
I think it all depends on what modifications are done but at the same time it also depends on who's driving the car as well. There are also some dud VT's out there but also have seen some slack VR's as well. You might be one of the lucky ones:thumbsup:

Adamvr93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack - 5 speed
Yea i drive a VR 5speed manual... extractors, 2 1/2" exhaust, YT roller rockers, CAI, 70mm TB and tuned with haltech ecu... and i beat VTs by heaps
they are rather slow especially at take offs.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
yep when I had my vt 6, it was very sluggish on take off.. 3.9 diff gears soon changed that.. cai,roller rockers,exhaust and you will have a decent 6 though they are still sluggish with those mods.. I done every bolt on I could to my 6 and it was the biggest waste of money.. dont know what I was thinking, unless I went forced induction.

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
I have driven my mates VT around and if you want it to go a bit you really need to push the accellerator right down and even then it doesn't pick up speed that quick. My VR on the other hand seems alot more reponsive and seems to have better acceleration but maybe not the top end. Both cars are stock and V6.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
i have a manual vt 6, stock. Agreed that its sluggish when accelerating from low rpm in a gear however keep the revs up and it boogies. Put away my fair share of vr/vs commos even a few BA's. Depends on your launch driver and the car pretty much. Big generalisation to say all vrs are faster than vts, same goes for saying vts are faster than vrs