Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt faster than vr??? (i dont think so )

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I'd have to say mine was sluggish compared to my old VN.

But since ive fitted the 2.5" exhaust i would say it kicks the VN's butt now.
and the vn had a 2.25" into 2.5"

slappedvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
a vt wouldnt beat a vn fullstop. and putting a exhuast wouldnt make that much difference. vn execs are fastest n/a 6 built by holden to date (out of all executives) o to 100 in 8.1 secs from factory (if u find a good 1 now) vt does it in 9.0 secs. theres no way you would nock off one second from an exhaust. ppl think because they get an exhasut it makes alot of difference when its really just the louder sound deceving them. i reckon it comes down to this personally. buick engines=rev alot harder,go harder,better overall power. ecotec=dont rev at all,very slugish, feel very slow,there better on petrol. GO THE BUICKS:)

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
a vt wouldnt beat a vn fullstop. and putting a exhuast wouldnt make that much difference. vn execs are fastest n/a 6 built by holden to date (out of all executives) o to 100 in 8.1 secs from factory (if u find a good 1 now) vt does it in 9.0 secs. theres no way you would nock off one second from an exhaust. ppl think because they get an exhasut it makes alot of difference when its really just the louder sound deceving them. i reckon it comes down to this personally. buick engines=rev alot harder,go harder,better overall power. ecotec=dont rev at all,very slugish, feel very slow,there better on petrol. GO THE BUICKS:)

Thats nice to know:)

However I did mention "compared to my old VN"
Not meaning another VN

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
you guys should talk to my mate with a stock as a rock vt with an exhuast tip. he says it can beat anything.... lol

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Most VNs have the normal mods because they always get tampered with, most common will be an exhaust, the VT is heavyer the VN is lighter the VN has the Low end power and flys off the line into 2nd and slows down abit the VT will get up and going around the 120kph mark and the VN is already infront and backing off, but yeah i dont like VTs and have never came across one that has beaten my VN when it was N/A VY are crap to, the VE is a different story it will beat a VN depending on model.
But alot of it comes down to weight and low end power of a buick motor, compared to high revs of a VS-VT squeakotech.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Also a stock VT S/C will do a 0-100 in 7.5sec (redbook)

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT, Mazda 3 SP23, Hyundai Getz 1.4ltr
i kinda have to withdraw my objection after talking it over with the guys from work because my VT WILL smash my vn off the mark and stay ahead of it BUT its because my VT's been armed to the teeth with forged pistons and titanium valves and springs, high flow cats new exhaust SYSTEM (not just tip) CAI, new throttle body, New ECU, retuned, MSD ignition system 10mmleads, dual arc spark plugs just to name a few and my last dyno showed 192rwkw so yea MY VT may go harder but theres been alot of work put behind it. and just so you know when that SP23 mazda shoots past you its not a supercharged SP23 its stock i got one and i can tell you it smashes and older V6 i ever come across hands down but its a holden forum so MAZDA SUCKS :p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
192 rwkw, you must live on a planet that has nitrous oxide for air

Growler88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT v6
i kinda have to withdraw my objection after talking it over with the guys from work because my VT WILL smash my vn off the mark and stay ahead of it BUT its because my VT's been armed to the teeth with forged pistons and titanium valves and springs, high flow cats new exhaust SYSTEM (not just tip) CAI, new throttle body, New ECU, retuned, MSD ignition system 10mmleads, dual arc spark plugs just to name a few and my last dyno showed 192rwkw so yea MY VT may go harder but theres been alot of work put behind it. and just so you know when that SP23 mazda shoots past you its not a supercharged SP23 its stock i got one and i can tell you it smashes and older V6 i ever come across hands down but its a holden forum so MAZDA SUCKS :p

thats a lot of stuff.. bet you cant wait to drop a blower on it and make use of those forgies :p

And yeah... even after stepping up to my VT from a lolcamira it still felt sluggish.. even when booting it from 70 -100 it still felt gutless... ohh wells.. it'll get going fastish eventually i guess. specially when she cops a gob full of boost and decent gearing and stall..... soon.....

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive

got a dyno sheet and a video of you car on a dyno?