Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT for sale which needs new trans???

Mick86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt
A Guy has approached me wanting to buy my 1997 vt acclaim sedan, he is fully aware that it needs a new trans and the paint work is starting to fade.
i am just wondering what would be a fair price to sell it for???

thebot123

Compulsive JC User
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore 1993, VT Commodore 1997
$2500 with a broken trans? i bought a vt commodore with paint fading on the passenger rear side, for $1900 in saying that though ive spent alot of time on it fixing crud, BUT in saying that my friend bought a vt commodore on gas, with the trans starting to slip a little for $2000

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
It's hard to say, I bought my vx got 2000 with "broken power steering" but there was nothing wrong with it, it all depends what they are willing to pay

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
$2500 was generous.
its what my mate paid for one with 180,000km, mint interior, but slightly fading metallic silver paint.
lets call it $2500 ono

thebot123

Compulsive JC User
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore 1993, VT Commodore 1997
It's hard to say, I bought my vx got 2000 with "broken power steering" but there was nothing wrong with it, it all depends what they are willing to pay

thats a steal!!

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
I bought a VT SS L67 (Supercharged V6) with "unknown issues" which was a broken engine mount causing the extractors to sit on the steering rack causing vibration through the wheel under hard acceleration :)

Also bought a red VX Acclaim with an SS body kit with faded paint (just needed a buff no damage) for $2,000 because the Engine and Trac off lights were coming on intermittently (MAF sensor intermittently not giving signal).

But to answer your question, $2,500 is achievable depending on what someone is willing to pay. If he has a trans laying in his yard he may be more keen than someone who has to take it to a mechanic.