Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Fuel Gauge

2qik4u

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Series 2
hey all,
i hav a 99 series 2 VT n i have noticed that my fuel light comes on when there is still more than 20 litres of fuel left in the tank even though in the book it says it should come on when theres approx 8 litres left... anyone hav any ideas as to why this is happening and is this a common problem in the VT???
thanks in advance...

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
The Fuel Light will come on in my VT when my computer first reads that you have about 85-90km distance till empty.. didn't know it based it off Liters do you know how much your distance till empty reads when it comes up?

PORT3R

WTB: 1 money tree
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L VQ stato
Lol Glig, it's because you give her a hard time and get poor fuel economy :p
Usually comes on with 85km left in a tank, not so much how many litres you have left

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
Mine has exactly the same problem. The light generally comes on when there's about 50km to go, but there's always 20L left when I fill up again.

Holden spent years trying to fix this problem and could never get it quite right.

My99VTACCLAIM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore Acclaim
Get into the hidden features of your trip computer that will tell you how much fuel is left.

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
Actually. this is some what a good thing. Letting your fuel levels get to low repeatedly can cause problems with your fuel pump and in the end killing it, many of my friends have done it in their car's i would generally try to always sit at or above 1/4 of the tank to be safe, unless you like to only fill on days where fuel is cheap then you will try and stretch it!

Maxseverity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
City drivers will get the low fuel warning when they have 20 odd litres left because their economy is shizen. Occasionally even though i hate having it happen, mine gets below the last marker before my fuel warning goes off.

8L highway = around 100kms driving
whereas
12-14L city = the same

lovemyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
mine starts to beep when i get to about 70kms left in the tank