Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt garnish install on a vx

Willbinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive s2
Hi can any one help iv put a vt boot with vt garnish onto a vx executive and need help with what wires to tap into to get the garnish to work?

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpeg
    IMG_0006.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0350.jpeg
    IMG_0350.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 71

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
What is with people getting new boot lids with the wrong loom this week? You're the second person I've answered with the same problem.
Easy answer: get the right loom.
Time consuming answer: the garnish lights match the ones beside it, so the red section lights up when the brake lights do, the white section when your reverse does. You can tap the extra wires you now have coming from the boot into those wires already in your car. *Recommendation* use an inline fuse in case it overloads one of the lights, or you'll be changing globes every time you brake. Inline fuses can be bought from Supercheap or Bunnings, or you can make them yourself really easily with some spade bits. Get two female spade bits (the ones that look like a capital B) and crimp a length of wire into each one. Then bridge the two with a blade auto fuse (use a 10A) (the metal blades slot nice and tight into the spade bit) and then when you're connecting the wires, throw your inline fuse in the middle. I'm sure I don't need to explain that further, most people understand the concept of a fuse, but if I do, let me know.
Here's the wiring diagrams for the tail lights which show the colours of each wire. I started colouring them in because I've had a good week so I was feeling nice, but then I got bored, so you'll have to read the second diagram. The left pic is the diagram for a base model, the right is for the luxe models (garnish models). Where there's two colours shown for the wire, it usually means a coloured wire with a different coloured stripe, eg: BK-W = Black wire with a White stripe.

stam.jpg
staml.jpg
DIyF.jpg

Last edited:

Willbinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive s2
I have the right loom just need to connect it to the vx body loom thanks for the info much appreciated

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Also, if you can't solder, don't just twist and tape the wires, they'll come apart. Use spade terminals, wire taps, heat sleeves, etc all available from Bunnings.
Image167.jpg
Image168.jpg
Image169.jpg