Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt hsv r8 clubsport series 2

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
new to the forum i am a holden freak also,
so thought i would post a picture of my cluby i also have the build of my walkinshaw in the vl thread.
if any one has one of these cars and needs to know stuff i could probably help i have had it for 4 years and know just about every thing that goes wrong with these things lol
for people who don't know about them,the clubsport r8 was standard with coulson seats,ls1 250kw donk,up graded brakes and suspension,hsv knife/torch/nail clipper's in the console lid,fire extinguisher and boot net in the rear,they also had alot of extra options the buyer could add on if they wanted to pay for them:) mine has the sun roof,and massive brakes,sat nav,leather interior,
the build number is 2198 this was one of the last series 2 made before the vx clubsport came in.
non standard add ons i have done are>>2 din dvd player,sound stream amp/speackers/sub,autometer gauges and taco,20inch dolce dc4 wheels,
i am also planning to sell this car once my vl is complete time for a ve:).

Attachments

• uwish.jpg
    uwish.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 8,390
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,923
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,899
  • remove plate.jpg
    remove plate.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 1,902
Last edited:

SSINZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo. 6 Speed. OTR. Tune. Some other bitz
Siiiik car dude

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers,and yea people either love the wheels or hate them lol,
i was thinking of gts rims when i brought them though every second holden has them now and i am going to sell it shortly so wont be spending more on it.

helicraze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Clubsport R8
Hey I also have a VT II R8 clubby. 130K on the clock. Its pretty clean, been giving me a lot of trouble thought. The fuel pump was noisy so i replaced it and the sender unit (mechanic did it), the fuel guage was then off, never went to full, so we got another unit, same thing, so then burson rang back and said we gave you the wrong unit, so we got the "correct unit" same thing.
So we thought we would be really smart and get a genuine one and get it so called calibrated (can't be done) at holden. Basically the same.
It never goes full, when its beeping to say empty I have 28L left in the tank still.

I think i will take it out and bend the float wire 1/8 down of the total travel as this is how far it seems out, if i manually move the float out of the car it comes upto full tank.

Had massive problems with brakes pulsing, bendix pads were used, machined the rotors 3 times still problems every 5000KM, so now got HSV pads but the rotors are stuffed next time need new ones.

Had the diff redone, new gear (3.7s), LSD re shim, it whines at low speed and 70-80KMH (I've had 3 diffs before built for other cars never had this problem).

Just organised a catback 2.5 inch exhaust to be replaced, front bar to be sprayed and new drivers seat base (foam is a bit bad) and new steering wheel and a few bits on the interior so it will look like new. Had a OTR installed but the plastic clip keeps popping off everytime you open the bonnet it falls out, so put a screw in it with a plaster type clip to hold it in (I guess i'm expecting to much for a $675 piece of fibreglass)

Love the car bit its really a bit depressing i bought it with 93000K on it and spent about 10K on it (leaking boot, all bushings replaced, new cluster), hope its the end of the fixing, i bought it to have a nice stock car.

I will see if the fuel guage settles before bending the float and car will go back to get diff backlash set again (I suspect 2nd hand gears were used). Might need to get a van to take to work doing 30000KM a year its too much maintenance on the car.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol i thought mine was a lemon.

Last edited:

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm looking at selling these wheels any one interested???

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha yeah you have seen the sh*t this thing has caused me! can't sell it because its just about fully rebuilt.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
there we go she has new wheels,i swaped with coplzr

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 594