Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT II Berlina or VX Lumina - What is better buy ?

nmldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina Wagon
Looking to buy one of :

1) 1998 VT II Berlina : Silver. Interior excellent (apart from 2 holes for mobile phone cradle). Exterior ok. Bog standard. New tyres (those awefull Bob Jane "all Rounders".). Just had power steering pump replaced (cost $315). 119K. Wants $10,500 ono but will take offers. I reckon I can get it for $9,500 give or take.

OR

2) 2001 VX I Lumina : Deep Blue (Bermuda Blue ?). Almost unmarked exterior (few stone chips and nicks but they show up a lot on that dark colour) - interior almost perfect. Pedders sports suspension (not FE2). "S" rear boot spoiler. 88K with full GMH service. Wants $12,800 firm.

Any overall comments on whether mechanically and in terms of refinement/driveability/relaibility, a VX is better than a VTII ?

What do you reckon is the better buy ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
The vx is a bit quicker than the vt. the vx has 5kw more stock and i recon they look a little nicer. Not that im bias or anything having a vx and all.

Reliability wise my understanding is they are both very good, don't think the vx is any more reliable.

Does anyone know if the vx has better brakes and suspension or not. Other than that they are pretty similar cars

desruction

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
What options have they got? For me climate control a/c is a must :) the berlina probably has climate control a/c , intermittent wipers triple display window on dash and if ya lucky steering wheel audio controls. I don't know what a lumina comes with.

For me it all comes down to options :)

I am atm looking for a new car am looking for a supercharged 6 ( gonna do some work to it :) ) so i was lookin at the xu6's but none that i have found so far have had climate control etc so i will be getting a calais and putting a kit on it :)