Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT is most stolen car of the year

Taranaki

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais
I presume that is because there are lots of them around, and the usual method of stealing cars nowadays is to break into house and find car keys near front door.

D

devilly

found this on google
The VT Commodore was the hottest property among thieves with 966 recorded stolen. The VE Commodore was a close second at 830 thefts, while the Hyundai Excel X3 (758) cracked the podium ahead of the VX Commodore (600).
Read more at Australia’s most stolen cars revealed

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The VT commodore has been one of the most stolen cars in Australia for a good few years now. For the past few years it's been on the top of the list.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
I think the lesson is, if you own one, keep the keys safe. Never leave them unattended in the house, etc.

A lot of the thefts we've had where I live, were people breaking into houses, grabbing items of value, and finding the keys to the car just sitting there. They then pile your car up with your valuables, and drive away with the lot! Don't make it easy for them.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I think the lesson is, if you own one, keep the keys safe. Never leave them unattended in the house, etc.

A lot of the thefts we've had where I live, were people breaking into houses, grabbing items of value, and finding the keys to the car just sitting there. They then pile your car up with your valuables, and drive away with the lot! Don't make it easy for them.

I would have to say, if you own one, look at removing a fuse or two or installing a hidden kill switch.
They are the most stolen car due to being old technology.

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
other anti theft devices

buy a de fanged snake to live inside the commy

fake or dead spider on a string as the sun visor is dropped

I would take off the sound knob .... leave the sound up real loud playing abba music

a grim reaper dummy in the back seat

some might think the thief did them a favor for stealing it

take out the fuel pump relay

hide the key (mr Bean style )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCl_KxGLgOA

Last edited:

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I would have to say, if you own one, look at removing a fuse or two or installing a hidden kill switch.
They are the most stolen car due to being old technology.

also the perfect mang mobile , in New Zealand the most stolen is the Honda Tornio followed by Subaru Legacy , much for the mang and fang factor often stripped out for parts or just caned until dead , joy riders really piss me off .