Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt keys and vx boot

soyyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Berlina
how much is it for a new key?
and do they make vx boots in tundra pearl or do you have to spray one?

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
VX doesnt have a keyhole??

if your wanting the key to open VX boot, ya looking around $80???

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
god im a twit LOL i think i misunderstood ur post LOL

ur wanting a new key for your VT(which is still around $80) PLUS a new boot right? LOL

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Why not just buy the VX garnish?

Not sure what colour ur talkin bout without pics. but its not hard to spray it yourself aslong as you have the paint code and some clear.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
You can go to mister mint and get it cut for $100. But have to have a working key for them to copy it.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Really? Can they just use the key code?

Not that I would go to them.... most Holden dealers are $90 odd and all they need is the code.

Here in Sydney the key cut and coded from Holden is $120. And mister mint do it for $100.(Coded)
Mister mint need a working key. But Holden don’t.
The keys from mister mint are pretty good they are identical.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Here in Sydney the key cut and coded from Holden is $120. And mister mint do it for $100.(Coded)
Mister mint need a working key. But Holden don’t.
The keys from mister mint are pretty good they are identical.

Yea I think Holden supply their keys.

Thanks for that info though, ill have to suss out prices down here to see if theyve changed.

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
i got mine done at Misterminute it only cost me $80 and my key was dead(he used tweezers and a new battery to get it to work, he's a smart man my misterminute!) why are you after a new key???(has the battery died?) my understanding that its the VX and up the batteries cannot be changed(meaning, you need to purchase an entire new key) you can buy the key housing and buttons on ebay pretty cheap for the VT which i believe can be changed just by undoing the screws on the keyhousing, slipping the key bar out and then popping the housing apart??

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
i got mine done at Misterminute it only cost me $80 and my key was dead(he used tweezers and a new battery to get it to work, he's a smart man my misterminute!) why are you after a new key???(has the battery died?) my understanding that its the VX and up the batteries cannot be changed(meaning, you need to purchase an entire new key) you can buy the key housing and buttons on ebay pretty cheap for the VT which i believe can be changed just by undoing the screws on the keyhousing, slipping the key bar out and then popping the housing apart??

Mate all he did was change the battery any one can do that and he charged you $80 for it.
rip off. Cutting a new key and coding it wont be $80.
It cost $100. I will say it one more time to get another key from mister mint you need a working key.
And you are not meant to change the battery on it just get a new one or have a spare.