Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt lights

Grump71

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve s/wagon
Hi guys , I am new here but am chasing some help.i have a vt sedan and when I flick high beams on it blows fuse and loose all lights,tail lights etc ,any help would be great cheers

gm1961

Reaction score
Hi All

Just high beams, ok, so replace fuses, and then take out the high beam relay ( either in the engine bay or under dash i cant remember )

Then turn of the high beams, if you loose the high beam, then the fault is between battery >> switch >> fuse >> relay BUT NOT relay to headlight

Use this as a process of elimination

If it is after the relay, then replace fuse again, and remove headlight socket and remove bulb or disconnect the small harness if fitted to head light, then turn on headlights again, if it blows then it is between relay and bulb socket , so that means its the wiring or connectors or the bulb socket itself ( wear / damage / rust / water leak

If it does not blow but blows when the bulb is in place then its the bulb or the socket

And you need to try and disconnect the other side to narrow down it is it left or right sides with issues

Unfortunately trial and error or process of elimination

regards
george