Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT LS1 O2 sensors

AndyVKSSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR caprice 5ltr, VK group 3 rep 5ltr
hey guys, put a new pair of O2 sensors in my VT SS LS1 seen the old ones were stuffd, car seems to idle smoother ect but fuel economy is still fairly sh*t.. have done almost 800ks since puttn new ones in.. do i have to get the car re-tuned or what?

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
i have noticed that the cheaper no genuine 02 sensors read at the incorrect ranges... if they are genuine sensors with standard computer and std tune you may have an issue...

AndyVKSSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
there bosch ones with edited computor

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No, you shouldn't have to get the car retuned, but if it has a tune, do the O2 sensors still actually work? Some tuners turn them off, especially if you have a mafless tune.

AndyVKSSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
nah its not a mafless tune, im not 100% on how all the LS1 editing n **** works, iv been told mines edited but not tuned? still runnin standard air box with MAF sensor hookd up. fuel economy sudenly turnd to sh*t at about 130,000ks and guys down at dyno put some sensor in the exhaust n said it was runnin rich n O2's were screwd..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Unless they hooked up a scan tool to read your error codes, just taking an emission reading won't tell you the O2 sensors are stuffed, just that it is running rich.

I would say either the coolant temp sensor or air temp sensor is stuffed.

AndyVKSSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
where abouts r they on the car?

vtv898

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v8
who can help,my vt ss 5litre died on me,was told it was the fuel pump so got it replaced,was driving it home and it started to loose power again then jerk and stuff ,was able to get it home but can any one tell me if they think it could be one of the sensors playing up?if so whats the best way to check them out, or could it be the fuel pump still????plus what do i have to do to get the fuel guage to read the amount of fuel i have in the tank..