Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt pod filter adaptor

pill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Since there were no responses to my other thread, http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt-vx-holden-commodore-1997-2002/82227-vt-w-gas-conversion-intake-options-pod-new-cover.html

Does anyone know what adapter you need to go from the stock air intake box to a 3.5 inch pod filter? or what size the original intake is?

Also, is there a specific mounting bracket you should use or will the plastic adapter do the job? And would a heat shield for the back side of it be necessary?

If anyone knows part numbers for the products i'm talking about please list them as it'll make it heaps easier for me when i go into repco next week

thanks

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
If you measure your intake pipe you will be able to get your measurement there. Custom K&N will do the job, or cheaper oiless high flow filters are abundant now too. Make sure it is seperated from the heat of the engine bay. Mace does a nice enclosed pod box at a good price if you can't be stuffed DIY