Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt power window question!

andrew_oc42

Reaction score
hey guys! so I've been researching about installation of power windows in my vt.. apparently some series one's have the wiring looms setup, just ready to plug and play! after ripping the door skin off my drivers side door today, i was pleased to find a vacant plug! I'm just hoping this is the loom required?
2 wires, into one plug! Dark green and a lighter green?

Thanks!
Andy

VSteve

Reaction score
Those colors sound like its the speaker wires? Do you have the speakers connected? Aftermarket stereo/speakers maybe?

andrew_oc42

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that myself a few hours after posting this! Especially considering I installed the stereo including speakers myself!! Bad. Ha ha.
That's quite depressing!! Looks like an entire loom install then if I wanted to fit them?

Thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Yeah, I thought that myself a few hours after posting this! Especially considering I installed the stereo including speakers myself!! Bad. Ha ha.
That's quite depressing!! Looks like an entire loom install then if I wanted to fit them?

Thanks

Not necessarily, if you have the connector for the main switch block then you will only need the door looms. The door looms for power windows are never there unless the power windows were installed at the factory.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Without meaning to derail your thread (but not wanting to post ANOTHER Powerwindow thread), what makes the windows go up/down fast and smoothly?
I have one rear window that doesn't work.
but the front's can sometimes take what feels like a bit of a wait, to put them up, especially if doing both at once.
Just wondering if there's a way to combat that ?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Without meaning to derail your thread (but not wanting to post ANOTHER Powerwindow thread), what makes the windows go up/down fast and smoothly?
I have one rear window that doesn't work.
but the front's can sometimes take what feels like a bit of a wait, to put them up, especially if doing both at once.
Just wondering if there's a way to combat that ?
Rear window could be a broken switch, broken wire in the door loom or a stuffed motor.
When the windows go up slowly does it happen when the motor is running or when it is off? If when off, it could be a weak battery.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Rear window I think is the motor itself, doesn't work from front or rear window switches.
I've left it for now, it doesn't bother me.. I'm usually driving :p Plus I rarely put rear windows down.

Will check out whether it does it engine running or not though, thanks.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rear window I think is the motor itself, doesn't work from front or rear window switches.
I've left it for now, it doesn't bother me.. I'm usually driving :p Plus I rarely put rear windows down.

Will check out whether it does it engine running or not though, thanks.

To eliminate the motor as the problem you can connect 12 volts directly to the terminals of the motor. It doesn't really matter which way you have positive and negative as one way the window should go up and the other way the window should go down. A broken wire in the door loom happens a lot.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
You should only need the door looms. They unplug from the main harness just inside the pillars. VT Series 1 are one style of door looms, and VT2, VX1 and VX are another. If you're going to use the newer looms on a series 1 you'll need to know how to use a soldering iron. I successfully put Power Windows from a VT2 into a VT1 the other week and all works perfect.