Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt radius rod bushes

webbiegareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Okay guys.... I hope it's okay I post this here, otherwise I'll make a new thread! What type of radius rod bushes are you using? I keep hearing different things, but generally, people seem to be saying that the swaybar connections should be poly, and control arms / z-bar bushes should be rubber.

My mechanic said to get rubber for the radius bushes, currently I have blue SuperPro poly and they are ripped to shreds (and now my control arm rubber bushes are stuffed). I called holden for the OEM fluid filled rubber radius rod bushes - waaaay too much $$$, I'm surprised the guy on the phone didn't ask for my first born as well!

I've seen plain rubber Mackay ones on ebay, are they OK?

I rang Pedders and they said they prefer the red Nolathane over rubber.

For the rest of my setup (to be installed)

- Nolathane D sway bar bushes
- Nolothane sway bar link pin kit
- Genuine new complete lower control arms (rubber bushes)
- Genuine new tie-end rods

So I've been keeping most things rubber, apart from the swaybar bits. I'm worried if I put nolathane for the radius bushes, will it destroy the control arm bushes quicker?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Ive had mine in for a couple of years now and can see no adverse affect on the other steering / suspension parts . I would guess that at least 75% of VT to VZ commodores that have the rubber bushes are stuffed . They are oil filled and leak . because the oil is washed away with washing and water spray from the road you don't see it .

vn nut

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5.0
I got the solid rubber ones havent installed yet

webbiegareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Last edited:

webbiegareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Are you sure those are rubber? They almost look poly with the grooves on them.... but the ebay listing doesn't say anything (no mention of rubber or poly)

vn nut

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5.0
Definately solid rubber messaged the dude as well
didnt want the hydraulic fluid filled ones
one more thing if im just changing the front radius rod bushes and not touch tie rod ends or nothing
will a wheel alignment be needed