Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt rear windscreen seal

Omega6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Omega
Hi I'm trying to locate a new seal to buy for vt rear windscreen, it's the bottom one I'm after.
Cheers

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Any windscreen place will be able to get them. Or Holden should have them.
If you are contemplating on doing it your self, don't. The rear windscreen has to come out.
Had mine done about a 9 months ago because it had split. Something the VT's are known for.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
What Nut Kracker said, plus if you're going to replace one, you'll (ideally) need to replace them all (they will get murdered to ensure your glass comes out in one piece). The updated upper and lower are a soft rubber, not hard plastic, so it's worth doing them all anyway.

Omega6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Omega
what a fk around having to take the window out !!! How much did it set u back ?
Cheers

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
It was $150 all up.

Omega6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Omega
Was the $150 for all the seals to be replaced or just the bottom ? Thx for the help

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
What Nut Kracker said, plus if you're going to replace one, you'll (ideally) need to replace them all (they will get murdered to ensure your glass comes out in one piece). The updated upper and lower are a soft rubber, not hard plastic, so it's worth doing them all anyway.

Was the $150 for all the seals to be replaced or just the bottom ? Thx for the help

Top and bottom.
As Pollushon said before. The other one will get wrecked when they take the windscreen out.
God only knows why Holden originally had them made of plastic. Probably cheaper.
I thought $150 was a good price. But I live in Northern Vic. It may be dearer in the city.