Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Respray or Detailer?

Bosscoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Hey all,

I got quite a few small and light scratches on my VT.
I was wondering which way do I go, in order to get them removed and looking like a show off car?
This VT will be my pride and joy and I'm not looking for a temporary fix.
Also price range for either a respray or detailing if possible.

p.s
Melbourne south preferred but open for options.

xVTx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
I wouldn't worry about resparying any VT whether it will be your pride and joy or not, unless you have money to throw.

If there only "light" scratches you could possibly remove them with a full detail, which i think is roughly $300? Or buy a few products / pollisher and have a crack yourself.

Bosscoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
I wouldn't worry about resparying any VT whether it will be your pride and joy or not, unless you have money to throw.

If there only "light" scratches you could possibly remove them with a full detail, which i think is roughly $300? Or buy a few products / pollisher and have a crack yourself.
Roughly 300 aye, sounds good. Looks like details the way to go. Ty buddy appreciate it. Plus only coz I got some VE GTS rims going on it :p

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Roughly 300 aye, sounds good. Looks like details the way to go. Ty buddy appreciate it. Plus only coz I got some VE GTS rims going on it :p

VE GTS rims are not ust a bolt on (do a search of the forum it's been covered a few times)

As for the paint, maybe take a few photos and upload them here.

Bosscoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
VE GTS rims are not ust a bolt on (do a search of the forum it's been covered a few times)

As for the paint, maybe take a few photos and upload them here.

yeah the rims have already been drilled + my wheel arches rolled but once I get decent photos I'll upload them.

lynx2093

Reaction score
Members Ride
None.
check out opti coat could get scratches removed and then this would be nice

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel

What a hipocrite......Is that why you pimped your VT ?

xVTx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
What a hipocrite......Is that why you pimped your VT ?

Please explain what your getting at ? one does not understand.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
A decent detail will be more then $300 obviously depends on what final step you go for whether it be wax, sealant or coating! Lots of awesome detailers in melb pm me if you want some names and numbers
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/goody51/DSC_0086.jpg this is what can be done

Bosscoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
A decent detail will be more then $300 obviously depends on what final step you go for whether it be wax, sealant or coating! Lots of awesome detailers in melb pm me if you want some names and numbers
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/goody51/DSC_0086.jpg this is what can be done

DSC_0073.jpg Photo by goody51 | Photobucket

DSC_0074.jpg Photo by goody51 | Photobucket

DSC_0076.jpg Photo by goody51 | Photobucket

DSC_0081.jpg Photo by goody51 | Photobucket

these scratches are pretty much what the ones look like on my car. All I want is for the car to look like it just came outta the factory without having to spend $700+ on a respray. Respray is kinda like a last resort for me.
Btw whats the difference with a detailer? Are they just polishing the car? Because I got like chipped paint on my rear bumper.