Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT rough idle, slight miss IDEAS!!??

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
I'd be replacing the crank angle sensor first.

damaged Leads will likely miss under load.

Also check the pins in the connector on the DFI module. Make sure theyre clean.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
It's OBDII. But before you go replaceing everything in sight, it you have leads with hmetal heat shield on them, remove the heat shields.

If that doesn't fix it, hit the wreckers, and grab the Coil Packs and the Timing Module (lives under the coil packs - the coil packs plug into it), and swap them in.

If your in brizzy - I have spare coils.

Yes - it can be the coil packs. Don't forget that the coil packs discharge into 2 cylinders at a time - one on compression stroke, 1 on exhaust. So you can get weird things happening.

I suggest this is the way to go because these are the items that misbehave intermittently, where sensors tend to behave continuously.

aveugotone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 exec S2
yeah but all that is good, coils are brand new, leads are new, heat sheilds on or off no difference, replaced CAS today, acceleration is bit better and snap neck kick when u plant it but still slightly surging/idling rough under no load.....

aveugotone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 exec S2
some reason when starting up in morning.... right.... it starts, and or take about 2-3 seconds to start, then revs to about 1400 like normal, then stumbles n mumbles and carries on for 5 seconds or so then runs fine.... even if i cycle the key 3-4 times to build fuel pressure still doesnt make any difference, any ideas ppl would be great just about had enuff.... ,most well put a carb and dizzy on less rooting around lol

aveugotone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 exec S2
and whenever i rev it without it in gear or the ac or lights on it misses on one cylinder not full on tho, but distinct, but then other times it wont do it when its cold it wont do it only when its hot i am f*cked for ideas.... the only thing i havnt done is the DIS/DFI module so maybe that is the shizz i think.... ebay here i come....

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
Yer the module itself could be buggered, mates car had same problem changed leads, coils and plugs but didn't change anything, put on a spare coil pack and module I had and was fine

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
Also maybe try injector cleaner?

aveugotone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 exec S2
well, finally got xome codes out of it today.... bout time...ended up with 32,44,48,76 now im not sure what sensors are linked on the same circuit as one another but, i have got 32 for MAF sensorsignal missing, 44 for lean exhaust, 48 for camshaft sensor signal missing and 76 for short term fuel trim problem... now if hypothetically, the cam sens. was nackered, it would put the fuel injection out slightly, as it times the MPI. if the airflow sensor was knackered the engine wouldn't see what air was entering the engine therefore could be running lean or rich, and cause rough idle and set code 44, any one else think similar??? but if one of the two sensors was knackered or i had a open or shorted circuit what other sensors run in with these two???? thinking maybe i should just get the multimeter and find out... could take a while, checked for broken wires the other day and didn't find any.... ideas, suggestions, any thing would be awsum...