Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt s 3.8 to 5 litre help

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
easiest way to tell if its a hydrolic motor, is look and see if you have a maf, takes 2 seconds

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
doesnt mean the clown that sold it to him put the maf on it but yes it is if its there

bazzer294

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
thanks again guys for your help im getting closer to getting this fixed ok so the engine is out of a series 2 1996 vs ute they ran till 1998 and i have a 1998 s pac here are some engine bay pics

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
sadly my friend you have your self a series 1 or 2 vs motor there that looks like it sat in the open out of a car for a bit becasue there is alot of alloy oxidation on it no matter what the guy doing the blue slip said that engine is as has been said illegal for your car you will have to get a auto elec. to wire up the dash and stuff because a VT loom or computer wont work with it and no amount of pluging stuff in will make it work like the previous own says

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
you would be better off buying another car or buying a wrecked VT factory fitted with a V8 and putting all that in this and then selling the engine thats in it now

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
mate, that motor is ultra illegal in that car.. good luck with it though

dosnt matter about the year, needs to comply with emissions..

meaning you would need to pull that motor down, rebuild with roller cam, add sequential injection and maf with a vt loom and ecu..

to put it simply, it needs to come out and be replaced with a vt one + loom and ecu

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
o and that is some hell dodgy wiring going on around the battery and im guessing a dodgy earth on the inlet manifold there will be more than a few hours making that all work and to be cleaned up

bazzer294

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
hmm not sure what to do can an auto electricion still hook my gauges up with out the loom ??? car has been blue slipped and passed already

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
yeah he should be able to but like i said might cost $200 might cost $1200 wont know till hes done good luck with it

bazzer294

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
ok well thanks heaps guys for all your feed back learnt alot i love commodores and vt v8 has always been the car iv wanted since i was a kid and i really like this car and would like to keep it but if it turns out to be a big **** fight il sell it and get my money back or somthing thanks again guys :)