Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Series 1 Calais Indicator Stalk

DaveSch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
I need to replace my indicator / cruise control stalk. Does anyone know if the much better VX-style stalk is a straight swap ???
Thanks

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
not cheap from holden.....$ i think well over $120 if you look at ebay somtimes there are some for sale there?( ive seen em go for as low as $40 new i have checked for you today and i didnt see any....but if you go to the vt and later part of ebay there is a few sellers who will get or may have the part all you have to do is ask if thay have one in stock....bwspares is a name of and ebay seller who i got a few part off for my car its way cheaper than to get them new from gmh....bwspares is fast and sells geuine holden gear...if he dont have an arm look around there will be a few sellers who may help you.............cheers have a great wek end.......................................tony

budge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
I got mine for around $80 from a holden dealearship but im not sure if he took pitty on me and gave some discount?

cliffo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline, VL Exec, VY Berlina
check out this ebay item:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VX-S-PACK-IN...80659560QQcategoryZ102358QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

However, someone I know bought a brand new item from Holden to install on his VN and found that the wires did not match. So he bought a VT stalk which plugged straight in (hence VT is backwards compatible with VN onwards). But I dont think it would be a straight swap from VT to VX series 2 stalk.

With that in mind, I would think that since the functions of the stalk are the same (ie indicators, high beam and cruise control) it shouldn't be too hard to adapt the new stalk to the old wires.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
It isn't a straight swap, the wire colours are changed and as mentioned, you need to test each operation to work out the equivalent wires. Once that is done, snip off the plugs leaving enough to join with the new indicator and you are there.

I did it with my wife's VT2 Berlina, after her old indicator started up with the classic continuous ticking. Paid $21 including postage through ebay, item was as good as new and included the cruise controls (which were also different colours and plug design....).

DaveSch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Cheers guys,
Thnks very much for your help.